Monday 1 December 2008

Lonergan Reading Group

We will soon be starting a Lonergan reading group here in Divyadaan. Yesterday, during the NASA meeting, I floated the idea, which we have been mulling over for some time, and fixed a time. The meetings will be 1300-1400 hours, Mondays, in the Staff Room in the New Academic Block. Not the best time to read Insight, but there it is. A small beginning.

The group will, for the time being, be restricted to the Divyadaan staff. But in principle we should be able to open it up to all men and women of good will... I look forward to this: a dialogue between equals. Several staff members have been telling me: I've never had a chance to get into Lonergan, or to read Insight. Lonergan reading groups exist all over the world. I am excited that something is starting here in Nashik.

No comments:

Post a Comment